Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I Think I'm Capable



Today I bought a Fancy Bear Hamster and he is basically the most adorable thing in the world. He’s cuter then any baby or puppy you’ll ever see and he is even cuter than that little teddy bear on the Snuggles detergent bottles.

But anyway, he’s cute... okay? He’s only about three or four months, so he’s just a baby, and he shakes when I hold him because he is so scared. But it is confusing because when he shakes, I get nervous about holding him and we are both basically freaking out. It is like he can sense what I feel and sort of feeds off that (or vice versa).

He seems very gentle, and he hasn’t bit me yet. Though, that doesn’t mean it isn’t possible. He may bite me soon. I’m a little afraid of that because I hear when they bite you they hold on to you for dear life by their teeth. (ouch!)

It took me forever to find him. I must have gone to at least two or three pet stores in order to find the perfect pet. I’m just appreciative I have him because now I have something to care for. I have never had a pet and I know that it’s a huge responsibility, but I think I’m capable. The worker at the pet store told me it is good that he is young because we can grow together. Hence, it is easier for him to warm up to me.

When he sleeps, he looks like a ball of fur because he tucks his head into his stomach and sleeps like that. (That what he is doing in the pictures).

I haven’t thought of a name yet. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to comment.

No comments: