Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Today in History...

I was searching the web today and found a really interesting website. Its called http://www.historyorb.com/today/index.php. Its a huge list of all the important event that happened today in history.

As I was reading this really long list of important things that happened today, that are so important that they have to be put on a list in order for people to remember them, I came across one date that actually made my cold heart melt.

February 26, 1993: 2nd tallest building in world, NYC World Trade Center bombed, 7 die.

Why wasn’t I aware that this was today? Why didn’t the paper tell me? Or the news? Or the radio? There was no recognition.

This made me so curious, that I Googled the date wondering if maybe I missed recognition in the news. The most recent article I found about remembrance was http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast/02/26/wtc.bombing/, and the article is from 2003. And the only reason for its existence is because it was a ten year anniversary.

Even though this event may have been forgotten by the rest of the world, I won’t forget you today and I hope all the families of those first attacks are okay.

P.S. Did you know that in 1944 today the first female captain was appointed into the United States Navy? (That’s for all our troops out there).

1 comment:

David said...

It's strange to think of that date already as "history," and forgotten history at that. I remember the event very well. I was working down on Wall Street that day.

Though I didn't remember either that it was this actual date.