Monday, April 7, 2008

More About My Playlist

So there is one song on my playlist that has a little bit of significance and because I need more stuff to write about on the blog i'll tell you a story.

the one song on the playlist is called ambitions of a man by a band named from the pawn. its this underground band on long island. and remember that really uncool kid whose actually super cool in real life that i was dating for a while from my last post? well he's in this story too.

k well hes this hardore, punk, idk what you call them, "scene," anarchist, long island guy i work with and when i was dating him he took me to a show. basically its a band playing really loud, but really good music into a mic in a 20 x 10 bar room that you dont need to be that loud for anyway.

Then, everyone gets really into the loudness and hatred of it all and they dance. but they dont really dance they basically stand in the middle of a big circle and swing their arms around and drop-kick eachother out of excitement... thats how the owner split beer on me. but he apologized so whatever he was cool.

i also saw a lot of really inappropriate things happen that night and then some kid got thrown out while me and alex (thats my coworkers name) were outside for a cigarette. that was also really cool.. and pretty funny too.

anyway i added that song because that was possibly the coolest thing I've ever seen. and i liked that song. i watched everyone go insane when it came on that night and it was all really interesting to watch. I want to go to another show but he was the only hardcore, punk, scene, anarchist, long island guy i know and I'm not dating him anymore.

actually now that i think about it, a lot of that music came from that kid. not surprising, we shared a similar taste in music but i never told him that.

this post makes me happy that i made this blog virtually impossible to find =)

No comments: